Frequently Asked Questions
- Where will the camp be located?
- Sandbox Esports camps are located at Sports Academy in Thousand Oaks, CA. The address is 1011 Rancho Conejo Blvd, Newbury Park, CA
- How long does each day last for?
- When does registration open?
- How do I sign up?
- Amateur Camp sign ups can be found here. Since there is a limited number of spots, we will email you confirmation once your (or your child’s) spot has been confirmed. We will then direct you to a payment processing page.
- In order to attend the Fantasy Camp, you must fill out an application here. You will be notified later in the summer if your application and bid has been accepted.
- Is there an age requirement?
- For legal reasons, we are only accepting campers aged 13 or older.
- Is registration open to paraplegic and other handicapped individuals?
- Is it mandatory to stay for the entire program?
- In order to ensure that all campers have a fun and learning experience, we ask that campers stay for the entirety of the program they have signed up for.
- Are parents allowed to stay and watch the activities?
- Does the camp require medical waivers?
- Medical waivers will be completed upon arrival to each camp.
- Will parking be provided to campers who drive?
- Yes, parking is available.
- Is there a dress code?
- No dress code however, offensive or inappropriate clothing is not acceptable. The physical activities will not be strenuous enough to warrant
- If I can’t make the listed sessions, might more become available?
- We will be adding additional camps throughout the summer in multiple games.
- I’m interested in being a counselor, where can I apply?
- Please email email@example.com if you are interested in becoming a coach or counselor.
- How does the waitlist work?
- How much does the camp cost?
- Is there a payment plan?
- When is payment due?
- What is covered by the camp fee?
- The camp fee covers participation, dinner, and light snack and beverages.
- Will food and beverage be provided to the campers?
- We ask that campers bring a bagged lunch but dinner and light snacks will be provided.
- What types of meals will be served?
- How much additional spending money should I bring with me?
- We suggest campers bring no more than $10 in cash for additional snack and drinks they may want.
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
- Do you offer single day campers?
- What do campers need to bring?
- Campers should bring $10 in cash (snacks and drinks), comfortable clothing,
- Optional: Their own keyboard, mouse, mouse pad. However, neither Sandbox nor Sports Academy are responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen personal items.
- Who are the coaches and what are their qualifications?
- What will be taught?
- Camps will focus on three core areas of improvement for players: in-game mechanics, game strategy, and teamwork.
- How much prior gaming experience is necessary?
- Each camp is designed for a specific skill level.
- How many campers attend each session?
- Participation in Amateur Camps is limited to 30 campers. The Fantasy Camp will be even more limited.
- What games will be covered at the camp?
- The camps offered now only cover League of Legends but we will be announcing Overwatch, CSGO, and camps for other camps soon.
- Will there be different skill level divisions?
- Will the camp provide any exposure to professional teams and players?
- Is recruitment possible if I perform well at the camp?
- Can I request to be placed on teams with my friends?
YELLOW means hyperlink
RED means Sports Academy should weigh in
There has been an error.
We apologize for any inconvenience, please return to the home page or use the search form below.